February 14, 2016
Chesapeake Collegiate Rugby Conference To Play D1AA
Chesapeake Collegiate Rugby Conference Press Release: February 14, 2016
The newly formed Chesapeake Collegiate Rugby Conference has announced that it will begin conference play in September of 2016 with 9 member schools. Each of these schools went through a rigorous selection process where the members looked at school support, academic reputation, alumni support, and facilities to determine eligibility for the conference. Every team in this conference has enjoyed considerable success in their respective unions and is looking forward to the challenge of advancing the game in a true, D1 athletic conference.
- Mount St Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, MD
- Towson University in Towson, MD
- University of Maryland in College Park, MD
- Georgetown University in Washington DC
- Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD
- James Madison University in Harrisburg, VA
- University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA
- University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA
- Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA
Contact: for further information about league play, schedules, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Tim Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org /540-621-6062
- Scott Zavrel at email@example.com /703-868-4521