National Collegiate Rugby Release
The 2022 CRC will feature the top women’s teams in the country and deliver unprecedented exposure to the rapidly-growing women’s game.
- With 28 teams, this year’s CRC will be the largest ever national championship event for women’s rugby 7s. Fans can expect a balanced, highly-competitive competition across the 16 Premier teams and 12 Division I Club programs. The innovative bracket structure ensures that every match counts as teams will battle for the Cup, as well as trophies in several consolation brackets.
- The top women’s referees will be officiating all weekend, and the CRC is committed to an all-female referee crew for all women’s finals matches.
- CBS Sports Network will live broadcast seven women’s matches, which includes two hours of prime-time coverage on Sunday, May 29. With female commentators, the Sunday broadcast will include the Bowl Final, Plate Final, Shield Final, 3rd Place Match and the Premier Cup Final.
- Fans can catch 45 live women’s matches streamed on The Rugby Network and broadcast on Cox Sports.
- The Bracket Challenge is the first-ever brackets game in Rugby 7s, and includes a competition for the women’s Premier Bracket. The Bracket Challenge takes fan engagement to a new level for women’s rugby while providing a new opportunity for teams to run fundraising events.