USA Wheelchair Rugby Release
USA Wheelchair Rugby is pleased to announce the 16 athletes who have been selected to the National Training Squad for 2022. The players were chosen from a group of 32 athletes who attended a team selection camp at Lakeshore Foundation, U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Site December 1-5.
- Sarah Adam (3.0), Naperville, IL
- Chuck Aoki (3.0), Minneapolis, MN
- Ernie Chun (2.0), Phoenix, AZ
- Jake Daily (2.5), Freeburg, IL
- Liz Dunn (0.0), Warren, PA
- Ray Hennagir (3.5), Deptford, IL
- Montrerius Hucherson (3.5), Tallassee, AL
- Joe Jackson (1.0), Maricopa, AZ
- Lee Fredette (1.0), East Moriches, NY
- Chuck Melton (2.0), Richview, IL
- Eric Newby (2.0), Nashville, IL
- Josh O’neill (1.5), Denver, CO
- Adam Scaturro (1.5), Denver, CO
- Mason Symons (2.5), Pittsburgh, PA
- Kory Puderbaugh (3.0), Boise, ID
- Josh Wheeler (2.5), Tucson, AZ
“I’m grateful to all of the athletes that gave their maximum effort for the privilege to represent our country on the 2022 Training Squad,” said USAWR Interim Head Coach Joe Delagrave. “We believe we have selected the team that will give us the best opportunity to compete for gold in the 2022 World Championships and set us up for our journey toward the 2024 Paralympic Games in Paris,” Delagrave added.
The team’s next training camp in Birmingham, AL is scheduled for February 16-20. Lakeshore Foundation is the home of USA Wheelchair Rugby. Team members and staff travel from across the country to Birmingham several times each year for training camps and competitions. The team will compete in several international competitions next year including Americas Championships January 23-30 in Medellin, Colombia, Canada Cup, and WWR World Championship October 8-17 in Vejle, Denmark. The team will also compete on home soil at Four Nations Wheelchair Rugby Invitational in Birmingham, AL March 14-20, 2022.