Texas Rugby Union Release
Register for upcoming sessions using the links below! If there are no links, check back as we’re still finalizing details.
Please note that all events will occur in Central Standard Time (CST).
If you’re a subject matter expert and would like to do a virtual session(s), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to expand our current offering!
ANALYZING VIDEO & THE TOOLS REQUIRED
Join Gordon to learn how to approach the game from an analytical point of view, using both statistical & video analysis tools, software, and more.
- Aug 25 at 6 pm: Intro – Watch the premiere on Facebook and Youtube
- Sep 1 at 6 pm: Tools & Software – Watch the premiere on Facebook and Youtube
- Sep 8 at 6 pm: Practice
- Sep 15 at 6 pm: Preview Analysis
- Sep 22 at 6 pm: Q&A – Register for Zoom call
What does it take to be a broadcaster in rugby? Dallen will take you through his journey including tips for all those aspiring commentators!
- Aug 27: Intro – Watch the premiere on Facebook and Youtube
- Sep 10: Session 2 – Watch the premiere on Facebook and Youtube
- Sep 24: Q&A – Register for Zoom call
SPEED TRAINING AND RUNNING MECHANICS
Ballistic movements like running can be detrimental to an athlete if not performed correctly. Should you allow someone to put 300lbs on their back and perform squats with bad form? Definitely not! So why allow an athlete to take tens of thousands of steps while running and not have the proper form?
- Sep 2 at 2 pm: Intro- Watch the premiere on Facebook and Youtube
- Sep 7 at noon: Session 2 – Register for Zoom call
- Sep 9 at noon: Session 3 – Register for Zoom call
- Sep 11 at noon: Session 4 – Register for Zoom call
VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING BY ARPTC
To sign-up for these sessions, please email email@example.com with your full name and club you’re registered with. We will share the call information and access to SportsYou.
- Sep 7 at 7 pm CST: Intro
- Sep 14 at 7 pm CST: Ruck Presentation
- Sep 21 at 7 pm CST: Scrum half Passing
- Sep 28 at 7 pm CST: 1st Receiver Vision
- Oct 5 at 7 pm CST: Attacking Strategy
- Oct 12 at 7 pm CST: Attacking Lines
- Oct 19 at 7 pm CST: Defensive Strategy
- Oct 26 at 7 pm CST: Tackling Choice
- Nov 2 at 7 pm CST: Kicking Options
- Nov 9 at 7 pm CST: Ruck Policy
- Nov 16 at 7 pm CST: Roles vs Positions
- Nov 23 at 7 pm CST: Q&A
- Nov 30 at 7 pm CST: Program Close
DJCoil Rugby articles by Doug Coil are also available on Facebook. Other Social Media sites to follow or subscribe include Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for interviews.