The Old Glory Capital Selects will play USA Rugby South Selects and Development Sides on Saturday, December 7 in Richmond, Virginia.
It was announced earlier this month that Old Glory DC and the Capital Rugby Union formed a partnership to begin the creation of a cohesive player development pathway for the Mid-Atlantic region.
Under this multi-faceted partnership, Old Glory will provide the CRU with sponsorship support, coaching expertise and assistance, marketing support, and player pathway opportunities culminating in prospects for a Major League Ruby contract. Old Glory will also provide kit for both the CRU’s women’s and men’s select sides, which will be known as the Old Glory Capital Selects.
The CRU, as the home union for 55 men’s, women’s, and collegiate women’s clubs from D.C, Maryland, Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Raleigh, North Carolina, will serve as a conduit for the development of home-grown players with aspirations to one day compete at the highest levels of North American professional or international rugby. It is expected that the men’s select side will include many of Old Glory’s training players and reserves.
USA Rugby South strives to provide the highest level rugby development and success through World Rugby sanctioned competitions for its players, coaches, and supporters within the southeast United States.
USARS has senior men’s and women’s competitions, as well as an Under 19 program that competes internationally as well.
Old Glory Selects: 1 PJ Walter – NOVA 2 Julian Santana – Pittsburgh 3 John Henry Reeves – NOVA 4 Mike Medlej – NOVA 5 Culver Van Vleck – Potomac Exiles 6 Dacoda Worth – NOVA 7 Thomas Demetriou – Washington 8 Michael Fletcher – Washington Irish 9 Jacob Estes – NOVA 10 John Stapleton – Washington Irish 11 Nick Fields – NOVA 12 Adam Rengini – NOVA 13 Matthew McDaniels – Washington 14 Brian Mulloy – NOVA 15 Pat Audino – NOVA 16 Danny Breda – Rocky Gorge 17 Jose Barahona – Rocky Gorge 18 Clifford Perez – Washington Irish 19 Matt Tyris – Potomac Exiles 20 Hannibal Vaivao – Washington Irish 21 Cuyler McCorkindale – Mount St. Mary’s 22 Eric Populus – NOVA 23 Luis Turbyfield – Mount St. Mary’s
Capital Selects: 1 Patrick Love – Potomac Exiles 2 Kris Sheckels – West Potomac 3 Sam Morris – Washington Irish 4 Charbel Medlej – NOVA 5 Brendan Porter – Potomac Exiles 6 Jeff Jefferson – Norfolk Blues 7 Cory Daniels – Old Glory DC 8 Chase Miller – NOVA 9 Alex Walsh – Baltimore-Chesapeake 10 Finn Tuite – Potomac Exiles 11 Cuyler McCorkindale – Mount St. Mary’s 12 Edward Boyer – Severn River 13 Ethan Ferrick – James River 14 John Webster – Washington 15 Joshua Ransom – Washington Irish 16 Stephen Okala – Washington 17 Christian Rubio – NOVA 18 William Kercher – Rappahannock 19 Akito Williams – West Potomac 20 Brian Deeley – Norfork Blues 21 La Quan Sessoms – Norfolk Blues 22 Patrick Frick – Baltimore-Chesapeake 23 Marcus Khorsandsafaie – Western Suburbs 24 Ray Gajkowski – Washington
Old Glory Capital Selects Staff
- Head Coach Chris Porter
- Assistant Coaches: Chuck Moore, Toga Fanueli, Jeremy Frayne, Joey Tropea, Eric Jerpe
- High-Performance Director Steven Davis
- Manager – Roland Pratt
USA Rugby South Panthers Selects & Development Squad
- Alex Turner – Middle Tennessee State University
- Alex Wohlers – Greenville
- Andrew Rappe – Nashville
- Ben Foley – Southern Pines
- Blessing Motaung – USARS
- Calvin Story – Raleigh
- Cameron Jernigan -Raleigh
- Campbell Robinson – Kennesaw State University
- Chenning Duker -Detroit Tradesmen
- David Caswell – USARS
- German Jalil – Miami Tridents
- Jacob Goeppner – University of Kentucky
- Jamal Hadley – Old Blue
- Jason Paul – Atlanta Renegades
- Joey McLane – University of Georgia
- John Truax – Chattanooga
- Jon Zemmer – Detroit Tradesmen
- Joseph Jackson – Atlanta Renegades
- Luc Desroches – USARS
- Lucas Baistrocchi – Atlanta Old White
- Matt Hughston – Rugby United New York
- Miguel Pena – Miami Tridents
- Pat Molet – Oklahoma City
- Peter Reyes – White Plains
- Reid Watkins – Burnaby Lake
- Shea O’Hanlon – Kennesaw State University
- Tom Harty – Long Island
- Yousef Ali – Atlanta Renegades
- Zach Jessell – Pittsburgh Harlequins
- Zack Schell – Pittsburgh Harlequins
USA Rugby South Panthers Staff
- Head Coach Rene Daniel – USARS
- Assistant Coaches: Shawn Elms (Morehead College), Hein Erasmus (USARS), Zach Miller (Southern Pines), Dustin Karr (Athens), Pete Redmond (Augusta), Cam Wyper (Rugby ATL, Guest Coach)
- Medical: Fred Reynolds (Philly Whitemarsh)
- Team Management: Gary Kent (Columbus/Ft. Benning), Kevin Kitto (USARS)