Toronto Arrows 2019 Squad
Toronto Arrows Release
(TORONTO, ON) – The Toronto Arrows today announced the second group of significant signings 10 weeks from the club’s Major League Rugby season opener in New Orleans.
Joining the new Toronto outfit are:
- PROP – Smith, Mike (Freelton, Ont.)
- LOCK – Van Horne, Josh (Cambridge, Ont.)
- LOCK –Van Horne, Tom (Cambridge, Ont.)
- BACK – Jones, Spencer (Cambridge, New Zealand)
- BACK – Mackenzie, Jamie (Oakville, Ont.)
- BACK – Malcolm, Sam (Whanganui, New Zealand)
- BACK – McLelland, Aaron (Gisborne, New Zealand)
- BACK – Windsor, Shawn (Stoney Creek, Ont.)
All four domestic signees are products of the Rugby Ontario club and representative system, while Jones, Malcolm, and McLelland are high-performance players from New Zealand. McLelland, Smith, Windsor, and the Van Hornes all featured for the Arrows throughout their 2018 exhibition season.
Mackenzie has earned 12 test caps for Canada and featured at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, while Jones is immediately available for Canadian national team selection through birthright.
“We are very happy and excited to announce this second round of signings and have these guys come on board,” said Arrows Vice President and General Manager Mark Winokur. “This continues our strategy of providing Canadian players with a professional home and supplementing those signings with key offshore players who will help us be competitive in a challenging league.”
Toronto has now signed 20 players ahead of the club’s inaugural season in Major League Rugby.
The Arrows will be making more player, staff and ticketing announcements in the coming days as season preparations continue to build.