New Orleans Gold – Vincent Jobo
The New Orleans Gold signed South African flanker Vincent Jobo for the 2018 Major League Rugby season.
Jobo is 26 years old, 6’1″ and weighs 229 pounds and has played both flanker and eight-man. He was born in Krugersdorp, South Africa and graduated high school from King Edward VII School in Johannesburg. After graduation, he then went to the University of Johannesburg and the University of Cape Town.
Jobo played youth rugby with the Golden Lions Academy from 2006 to 2011. While there he played in the Provincial Championships for the under 19s in 2010 and the under-20s in 2012. Later in 2012, he played with Western Province.
Jobo continued playing rugby at the Amateur level for the 2013-14 seasons with University of Cape Town IKey Tigers and played int he 2014 Varsity Cup competition. He also played in 2017 with the Austin Blacks in Texas.
Jobo’s Senior rugby club career has been an extensive one. In 2013 he played in the Vodacom Cup with Western Province. In 2014-15 he played in the Currie Cup with the Free State Cheetahs and later in 2015 played with Free state XV. In 2016 he joined the Falcons (now called Hino Valke) and then the Eastern Province Kings.
New Orleans Gold Rugby
- Nate Osborne – Head Coach
- Todd Fitzgerald – Assistant Head Coach & Assistant General Manager
- Sebastián Kalm – Backrow
- Moni Tongauiha – Center
- Hubert Buydens – Loosehead prop
- Eric Howard – Hooker
- Ratu Peceli Rinakama – Flyhalf, Scrum-half, Wing, Fullback
- Bobby Johns – Center, Flyhalf, Scrumhalf
- Matt Hughston – Center, Flanker
- Jojo Tikoisuva – Wing
- Tim Falcon – Owner
- JP Eloff – Flyhalf, Center, Fullback
- Ryan Fitzgerald – General Manager
- Holden Youngert – Scrum-half
- Michael Baska – Fullback
- Derrek Van Klein – Loosehead Prop
- Alex Czajkowski – Lock
- William Waguespack – Lock
- Zack Stryffeler – Center
- Vincent Jobo – Flanker