March 7, 2017
Valkyries searching for new Director of Rugby
Worcester Warriors Release
Have you got what it takes to be the next Director of Rugby of Worcester Valkyries?
Valkyries are seeking a high-calibre candidate for a new full-time position to become Valkyries’ new boss from the 2017/18 campaign when current Director of Rugby Donna Kennedy steps down.
Valkyries have a proud history within the top tier of elite women’s rugby in England and will form part of the new Women’s Super Rugby competition next season.
The Valkyries Director of Rugby will work under the umbrella of the Worcester Warriors Academy department and will be responsible for the development and delivery of all aspects of the Valkyries programme.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of coaching to Worcester Valkyries including the development of game-planning, team selection and match analysis
• Overseeing the delivery of all aspects of player performance and welfare, including strength & conditioning, medical, nutrition and performance analysis
• Overseeing the Team Manager in determining logistical arrangements for the team including training schedules, fixtures and travel
• Staff management including involvement in recruitment, coach development and staff appraisal
• Delivery of one-to-one and small group coaching to Worcester Valkyries players
• Development and delivery of both team and individualised player development plans
• Development of close working relationships with national team coaches
• Development of relationships with local women’s and girls’ clubs and schools
• Key involvement in the recruitment and retention of players
• Ensuring the programme is delivered within the allocated budget
• Fulfilment of media responsibilities and acting as an ambassador for Worcester Valkyries
• Maintaining their own professional skills and qualifications through relevant Continuous Professional Development activities
• A minimum of the RFU Level 3 coaching qualification, or equivalent (required)
• Proven track record in the delivery of elite-level rugby (required)
• Experience in a full-time professional coaching role (desired)
• Experience working within a multi-disciplinary rugby environment
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills
• The ability to think strategically and to manage the implementation of change
• Evidence of active participation in relevant Continuous Professional Development
The role will come with a salary of between £35,000 and £40,000. To apply please send a CV to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 17 March.