January 31, 2017
USA Rugby South Open Camp Tryouts for Las Vegas Sevens
USA Rugby South Panthers Release: Dana Sommer Catron
Open USA Rugby South All-Star tryouts continue this weekend in Roswell, GA for high school players interested in competing in the Las Vegas 7’s rugby tournament early this March. We expect players from nine (9) different states to attend as we prepare for Vegas and where final pool player selections will be confirmed. High School Boys and Girls will meet this Saturday at Roswell Recreation and Parks and then the High School Boys will continue Sunday morning at the Roswell Rugby Complex. These camps will be 7’s focused.
Additionally, we are excited to announce we have added a Boys u14 7’s team for Vegas! Players born after March 3, 2002 are eligible and those interested should attend Saturday’s camp at the Roswell Recreation and Parks location.
To participate in our All-Star Program each player must complete three (3) steps:
1. Reserve a spot in this weekend’s camp(s) by clicking on the following link and submitting the requested information: https://form.jotformeu.com/theresa812/feb-4–5-2017-RSVP
2. Once a year (fall through summer) register with our Panther Program and submit a $25 registration fee by clicking on this link: https://form.jotform.com/theresa…/2016-2017-All-StarRugbyReg
3. Players must be current with USA Rugby CIPP requirements which can be found at
If you have any questions regarding these steps, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During try-outs and camps, players should wear a numbered jersey, rugby shorts, and cleats. They will need their own mouthpiece and tape and/or braces if needed. They should also provide their own water and snacks.
Las Vegas Rugby 7’s – Open Try-Outs and All-Star Player Camps
SATURDAY, FEB 4, 2017
WHO: High School Boys, High School Girls, and u14 Boys
WHEN: 11:00am to 3:30pm EST
WHERE: Roswell Recreation & Parks, 10495 Woodstock Rd, Roswell (Atlanta), GA 30075 – Enter the park from Woodstock Rd and at the second 3-way stop turn left and the fields are on the right.
TIME: 11:00am to 3:30pm EST
SUNDAY, FEB 5, 2017
WHO: High School Boys (continued from Saturday)
WHEN: 9:00am to 12:00pm EST
WHERE: Roswell Rugby Complex, 10200 Wooten Rd, Roswell (Atlanta), GA 30076
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, 5955 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022. Please contact Theresa Williams for hotel reservations at 615-661-4317 or via email at email@example.com.
Two All-Star organizations, USA Rugby South and the Tennessee Tri-Stars will combine efforts to form the nine (9) teams listed below to compete in the Las Vegas 7’s Invitational Rugby Tournament on March 2-5, 2017 in Las Vegas, NV.
• USA Rugby South Panthers – U 18 Girls Elite Division (NAHS7’s)
Coach Richard Boone firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tennessee Tri-Star Girls – Girls High School Open Division
Coaches Toby Florek email@example.com and Richard Boone firstname.lastname@example.org
• USA Rugby South Panthers – U 18 Boys Elite Division (NAHS7’s)
Coaches Mark Williams email@example.com and Daniel Pretorius firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tennessee Tri-Star – Blue – Boys High School Open Division
Coaches Keith Burnett email@example.com and Brian Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org
• USA Rugby South Panthers – Boys High School Open Division
Coaches Adam Vassey email@example.com and John Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tennessee Tri-Star – Red – Boys High School Open Division –
Coaches Bart Butler email@example.com and Jim Belli firstname.lastname@example.org
• USA Rugby South Panthers – U-16 Elite Boys Division
Coach Steve Roberts email@example.com
• Tennessee Tri-Star – U-16 Elite Boys Division
Coaches Brett Rademacher firstname.lastname@example.org and Paul Ridler email@example.com
• USA Rugby South Panthers – U-14 Elite Boys Division
Player Selections – A 2017 Vegas player pool will be formed for both girls and boys. Selected to the pool means you will be placed on one of our teams. Additional players will be added to the pool after each camp. Final selections for the player pool will be completed after the Roswell, GA camp on February 4th. Final team selections will be made during the February 18-19th two day camp in Brentwood, TN. More information regarding this final Vegas camp will be announced soon.
Final Vegas selections by team will be determined by the following:
• Camp Attendance
• Skills Assessment, Scrimmage Performance, and Ability to Follow a Team Game Plan
• Team/Coach Communications, Following Directions, Program Compliance, and Travel Arrangements
• Team Player/Position Requirements
• Fitness Test – Boy’s Elite should complete a 7’s shuttle drill within six (6) minutes
For more information on the Las Vegas 7’s Invitational Rugby Tournament, please visit https://www.usasevens.com/las-vegas/.
Director of USA Rugby South – Kevin Kitto firstname.lastname@example.org
Panther & Tri-Star 7’s Director – Mark Williams email@example.com
Management & Travel – Theresa Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Communications – Dana Catron email@example.com